ginger

uunet!mailrus!uflorida!rm1!jan (Jan Cranny)
Tue, 19 Mar 1991 09:03:00 GMT
v002.n005.3
I read in a food section of some paper that adding 1/8 teaspoon of ginger

to the bread mix helped it raise.  Anyone know anything about that ???

I tried it last night on a modified version of DAK's blueberry bread
(tastes good with cream cheese for breakfast).

3 cups flour (I used 1- bread, 2 whole wheat 1/2 tablespoon gluten )
yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 16oz can cherrys drained ( I prefer cherries to blueberries )
1/4 cup juice - reserved from above
1/4 cup approx of water
1/8 teaspoon ginger

It rose almost to the dome ( welbilt breadmaker ) - which is higher than
I normally get for a bread with 2/3 whole wheat.  However this could be
due to high suger content of cherries.

Jan