brewer's yeast

Alan Silverstein <ajs@hpfcajs.fc.hp.com>
Fri, 19 Apr 1991 09:01:00 GMT
v002.n009.1
I discovered more or less by accident (OK, I like to experiment :-) that

adding brewer's yeast to whole wheat bread produces a surprisingly
orange, rather spongy, and slightly sour-tasting bread (reminiscent of
sourdough).  It doesn't take much yeast, either, like 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
Brewer's yeast is potent stuff.  It's available in health food stores
(if no where else), in fairly large quantities, as a vitamin supplement.

It's also strangely pleasing sprinkled on popcorn.  :-)

Alan Silverstein

PS:  Thanks for all the advice and recipes saved in the archives,
from someone new to bread making and the mailing list.