English Muffin Bread

Dick Kalagher <kalagher@mwunix.mitre.org>
Sat, 1 Jun 1991 09:02:00 GMT
v002.n013.2
In one of the previous digests, someone mentioned an ad for "The Bread

Machine Cookbook" from Simmer Pot Press in NC.  I sent for the book
and got it in a week or so.  I have tried a half dozen recipies so
far and can report that it is excellent.  Unlike the DAK recipies, these
seem to always come out excellent and just as described.  I have
the Wellbuilt glass domed R2D2 machine (the same as the DAK.

Here is my favorite so far.  This bread is great toasted with a little
marmalade on it.  Makes a great no-fat breakfast.  If you like this,
buy the book because there appear to be many more like it.

English Muffin Bread

2 tsp yeast
3 cups bread flour
3 Tbs non-fat dry milk powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1-1/4 cups of hot water

The bread will have a flat or slightly concave top and a wonderful texture.
If you are around during the final rising, sprinkle a little yellow cornmeal
on the top for a nice touch.

dick Kalagher