Two questions

Donna Mitchell <donnam@palomar.sandiego.NCR.COM>
Thu, 16 Jan 1992 09:02:00 GMT
v003.n005.2
Fellow breadmakers:

I have a couple of questions:

	- I tried making the Lemon Bread recipe in DAK's book.  But, because
	  I have lots of lemons on my trees, I wanted to use lemon juice
	  instead of lemon extract.  "Joy of Cooking" says 2T juice
	  equals 1 tsp extract.  So, I adjusted the recipe accordingly.
	  The bread was almost OK.  I feel it didn't raise as much as it
	  should have and was a bit doughy.  Did the lemon juice bother
	  the yeast?  Should I have waited and put it in when it beeps
	  for last minute throw-in's?  ANy other ideas?

	- Does anyone have a recipe for "Dutch Crunch" bread?!!!  I grew up
	  on it and loved it, but now I can't find a recipe

In payment for you help, here's a suggestion:  I make the Cinnamon Raisin
Bread recipe (from DAK's book), but substitute dried apricots for the
raisins  (Throw them in at the end)  It makes a wonderful tart bread!!!

Thanks,
Donna
- --
                                  |  Donna Mitchell
  A little experience can help    |  Donnam@palomar.SanDiego.NCR.Com
  a person overcome quite a       |  UUCP: ...!ucsd  \
  bit of education.               |  NCR:  ...!ncrcae - !ncr-sd!palomar!donnam
            -Skunk River Sage     |  ARPA: ...!nosc  /