2 questions: oats, and bread falling in the middle

kenr@storage.tandem.com
Thu, 16 Jan 1992 09:04:00 GMT
v003.n005.4
Hi all!

I have two questions about bread making.

I have a copy of the "Bread Machine Cookbook" and in the introduction
it refers to three types of oats: rolled oats, oat bran, oat flour.

In some of the recipes (for example Oatmeal Bread on p. 55) the
ingredient list just says oats 1 1/3 cups.  Does this mean any of
the three will do?  I`m kind of a naive cook, so I don't know if
*everyone* knows this means one of the three types or not.

For the second question, I just tried to make a loaf of Honey Cornmeal Bread.
It ended up shaped like
                 |\       /|

My question is what happened?  It looks like it must have rose enough, but then
fell in the center.  Do I need to add some gluten flour when I make this?  Or
cut back on some ingredient?

Thanks,
  Ken