Loaf Slicing

mikeb@pandora.dell.com (Michael Brundridge)
Thu, 28 Jan 1993 13:24:10 -0600 (CST)
v004.n005.6
> From: longo!longo@attdrs.att.com
> Subject: Loaf Slicing
>
> Has anyone found a good way to slice up a loaf of bread made
> from a Welbuilt/DAK 1.5lb breadmaker?  I love my breadmaker,
> but usually have a difficult time slicing the bread with any
> uniform consistency.  This would be nice for sandwiches especially.
>
> Thanks,  Mike Longo
Mike,

We use a powered meat slicer that we purchased at Best for $30 or so.
We use it to slice the bread, and things like bulk ham, cheese, etc.
that we buy.  It works great on the bread, you can adjust it to any
thickness you like up to about 1 1/4" or so.  Look at places like
Sears, JC Penneys, Service Mercandise, Best Products, etc. and you
should be able to find one.  They sell ones that have plastic cases
(like ours) or heavy duty ones made out of all metal.
--
Michael Brundridge         |      Dell Computer Corp         |   STANDARD
mikeb@pandora.dell.com     |      1807 W. Braker Ln          |   DISCLAIMER