Re: BREAD Digest V4 #6

ace@tidbits.com (Adam C. Engst)
Sat, 13 Feb 93 10:59:45 PDT
v004.n007.1
As far as cheese bread goes, I've found that the best method is to
make an egg bread (I use the recipe in the DAK booklet), and then
cube about a cup of cheese (cheddar, muenster, provolone, whatever).
Add _half_ of the cheese when you start the machine, and when it beeps
a few minutes before the end of the kneading cycle, add the other
half of the cheese. That way you actually get some cheesiness noticeable
in the bread, rather than just a nice loaf of heavy bread that tastes
like cheese. It's best warm or toasted, and we often chomp an entire
loaf quickly just as it comes out of the breadmaker.

cheers ... -Adam

(Please excuse my brevity - I'm trying to avoid hurting my wrists.)