Orange Bread

Patti Beadles <patti@hosehead.intel.com>
Fri, 12 Feb 93 21:37:32 PST
v004.n007.4
As promised, here's the Orange Bread recipe.

Orange Bread
(adapted from various recipes)

1 pkg    yeast
3 cups   bread flour
1/4 cup  sugar
1 tsp    salt
1 tbsp   butter
1        egg
2 tbsp   grated orange rind
1 cup    orange juice
1/4 cup  warm water
1 tsp    orange extract

I suspect the real trick to getting a strong orange flavor is the
orange extract.

Use the sweet bread setting if you have one; I had a lot of trouble
with burnt-tasting crusts with this recipe.  In the Welbilt model, I
sometimes got gooey centers (although 90% of the loaf was excellent.)
I can't wait to try it in my new Zojirushi. :-)

Speaking of which, does anybody know how to feed the silly thing a
custom program without actually sitting through the whole cycle?
According to the sales clerk it's possible, but she didn't know
exactly how to do it.

-Patti
(who never imagined she'd find a bread machine that makes jelly, of
all things.)
--
Patti Beadles  503/696-4358 | I don't speak for Intel, nor vice-versa.
   patti@hosehead.intel.com |