Sanyo dough hook

jamie@mkseast.uucp (Jamie Haviland)
Mon, 15 Mar 1993 13:37:36 -0400
v004.n011.6
In a recent article, somebody mentioned a loose pin on their pan.  I have a
Sanyo machine, which I have had for only a few months. Within the first 30
days or so, the little rubber "O"-ring gasket on the dough hook broke. The
would not replace just the dough hook, but wanted to replace the entire
machine.... only they didn't have any of them anymore, and didn't know when
they would get any more. Contacting Sanyo, I was informed that they couldn't
the gasket, but could replace the whole dough hook, at what I considered an
excessive price.

I went to a local automotive parts dealer and purchase some gasket material
(for use against the hot engine block) and cut out a new gasket. It is not
perfect, but it does hold the dough hook firmly and doesn't leak.

If anybody has a better suggestion, please let me know. Thanks

Jamie Haviland
(jamie@mkseast.uucp)
(902)455-1857