Stronger Motor For An R2D2?

wegeng.henr801c@xerox.com
Tue, 22 Jun 1993 05:41:02 PDT
v004.n023.4
Hi,
I`ve got a six month old Welbuilt R2D2 machine.  I bought the machine because I
wanted to make whole grain bread, and I`ve been disapointed that the motor
isn`t strong enough to kneed heavy doughs (my mistake).  I started thinking the
other day that it might be possible to put a stronger motor in my machine.  Has
anyone investigated this?  It seems logical that the motor from the (insert
model number here) DAK machine that`s intended for whole grain bread ought to
fit into my machine.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has replaced the motor in a
Welbuilt or DAK machine (even if you didn`t upgrade to a stronger motor).  I
would also be interested in hearing whether the heavy duty DAK machine can
really handle heavy doughs.

Thanks,
/Don
wegeng.henr801c@xerox.com