Low Gluten Bread

faigin@aero.org
Tue, 19 Oct 93 15:24:56 PDT
v004.n037.4
For some recipies that would be good for low-gluten bread, check out the
"Gluten Free Gourmet" and "More From the Gluten Free Gourmet" by Bette Hagman.
My wife has used all of the yeasted recipes (except English Muffins) in the
first book in our breadmaker (she's gluten-free), until the second book came
out. The second book as an entire *chapter* on machine breadmaking, including
sourdough (yum!) recipes. Words of warning: these breads won't rise as high,
and due to egg and milk content are perishable. Use promptly, or slice and
freeze. After several years off of gluten, she finds that they do taste good
and make good sandwiches and toast.

Daniel