Re: BREAD Digest V5 #4

"Allen J. Michielsen" <amichiel@mailbox.syr.edu>
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 10:59:34 -0500 (EST)
v005.n005.3
> From: lark aho <S22G%NMUMUS.bitnet@vm42.cso.uiuc.edu>
> ......MY FAMILY LOVES BREAD. SO I've been making bread for twenty
> plus years. I owned a bread machine once, but I have been more
> successful just kneading the dough on a lighly floured surface and
> .... My family likes potato bread the best. ...

   I kinda do the opposite of what you do.  I use the bread machine
extensivly to simply avoid kneeding by hand.  I'll make about 5 loaves
on avergae on a sunday afternoon.  Xmass week this year, I made 8 loaves
and 15 dozen cookies on a sunday afternoon,  Last year xmass week I made
20 loaves of bread on a sunday afternoon.  (we do a -exchange- at work).
I remove the dough before the end of the manual cycle, after about 25
minutes on my machines, move it to a bowl, and start the next.  Then
I do the punch down, and loaf shaping into the final shape when the
next dough is ready.
   I especially like using the bread machine to cream the butter and
blend in the sugar for many cookie recipts.  When I'm done using my
machine as a mixer, I bake one final loaf in it, to ease cleanup.  After
cookies, the loaf has a super hard, crunchy, and sweet crust.  yummm.

   I want to try making potato (or potatoe) and chestnut flour.  I'm
thining about using a dehydrator to dry the chestnuts or potatos then
my grain mill.   Does anybody have any ideas, or suggestions ??
) or does anybodu know how to make potato flour (

cheers,
al