Sally Lunn for bread machines.

esandova@crazyeddie.win.net (Edward D. Sandoval)
Sun, 20 Feb 1994 21:07:59
v005.n007.3
Someone had posted, looking for "Sally Lunn" conversions for
breadmaking machines.  I have found two.

>From "The Bread Machine Cookbook", 1991 by Donna Rathmell Germann,
Nitty Gritty Cookbooks

SALLY LUNN

                     Small          Medium         Large

milk                 2 Tbs          2 1/2 Tbs      1/4 cup
water                1/4 cup        1/3 cup        1/2 cup
margarine/butter     3 1/2 Tbs      4 1/2 Tbs      7 Tbs
eggs                 1 1/2          2              3

salt                 3/4 tsp        1 tsp          1 1/2 tsp
sugar                2 Tbs          2 1/2 Tbs      1/4 cup
bread flour          1 1/2 cup      2 cups         3 cups
yeast                1/2 tsp        3/4 tsp        1 tsp

Note that this is a very high rising loaf.  Use less yeast than
normal and DO NOT decrease salt amount.

>From "The Bread Machine Cookbook III", 1992 by Donna
Rathmell Germann, Nitty Gritty Cookbooks

HERB SALLY LUNN

                     Small          Medium         Large

heavy cream          1/2 cup        5/8 cup        3/4 cup
milk                 1/4 cup        3/8 cup        1/3 cup
eggs                 1              1 1/2          2
butter/margarine     2 Tbs          2 1/2 Tbs      3 Tbs
sugar                2 tsp          2 1/2 Tbs      3 Tbs
salt                 1/2 tsp        3/4 tsp        1 tsp
basil                1 tsp          1 1/4 tsp      1 1/2 tsp
bread flour          2 cups         2 1/2 cups     3 cups
yeast                1 tsp          1 1/2 tsp      2 tsp

Oregano or rosemary may be used as well, if desired.  Evaporated
skim milk may be substituted for the cream if counting calories.

Edward D. Sandoval           Internet:  esandova@crazyeddie.win.net
17765 SW Kinnaman Road       GEnie:     crazy.eddie@genie.geis.com
Aloha, OR 97007-3117

Office:
U.S. Bank of Oregon          Internet:  ususbc5b@ibmmail.com
Mail Stop ORC-5044           IBMmail:   USUSBC5B
17650 NE Sandy Boulevard     Phone:     503 261 3937
Gresham, OR 97230            FAX:       503 261 3992