Sour Dough Starter

DEAN@suvax1.stetson.edu
Thu, 03 Mar 1994 13:25:44 -0500 (EST)
v005.n009.5
Is this list exclusively for bread machine users?  The list description
did not indicate this.

My question concerns sour dough bread.  I have a recipe that uses an
non-flour starter.  When feeding the starter, you add sugar and potato
flakes (instant potato), but no flour.  The bread was delicious, if a
bit sweet.We found that less sugar produced a loaf that rose beautifully
and was not too sweet.  Unfortunately, my son dropped the jar of
starter and broke the jar. I would love to be able to make this
wonderful bread again.  Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Norma Dean