Recipe help

Miriam Meier <MEIER@sals.edu>
Thu, 28 Apr 1994 14:09:10 -0400 (EDT)
v005.n017.2
I tried the following recipe in my bread machine a few days ago and got
a very dense loaf--not at all what I had expected.  Does anyone have
experience with this kind of bread?  Perhaps some of you more
experienced bread bakers would try it and make some suggestions for
improving its texture.  The taste wasn't bad.  Thanks in advance.

Small loaf (1 lb)         Ingredients                 Lge loaf (1 1/2 lb)

1 1/4 tsp                 active dry yeast              2 tsp
2 c                       bread flour                   3 c
2 Tbsp                    wheat germ                    3 Tbsp
2 Tbsp                    powdered milk                 3 Tbsp
1 Tbsp                    sugar                         1 1/2 Tbsp
1 tsp                     salt                          1 1/2 tsp
1/2 tsp                   nutmeg                        3/4 tsp
1 Tbsp                    vegetable oil                 1 1/2 Tbsp
3/4 c                     mashed banana                 1 c plus 2 Tbsp
1/2 c                     sour cream or plain           3/4 c
                                 yogurt
1/4 c                     water                         1/4 c plus 1 Tbsp
1/2 c                     raisins or chopped nuts       3/4 c

Miriam in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.