"Real" Bread

"Steven A. Hocevar" <STEVE@FhHosp.Ab.Ca>
Wed, 7 Sep 1994 13:08:19 -0600 (MDT)
v005.n035.1
From: Josh Haygood <haygood@netcom.com>

>    I have been a bread baker for a long time and have never used
>machine; other than my oven, of course. I wonder if those of you weaned
>off of real baking with the bread machines would appreciate some real
                                                                  ^^^^
>bread recipes which are made the traditional way-two hands, ingredients,
>oven. Simple. I would also like to hear from any of you with a similar
>affinity for actual home-baked bread. Please send recipes.

Golly, Jeeze, Josh.  I never knew my machine made "fake" bread...... :-)

One good thing about bread machines is it got me interested in making "real"
bread with my "real" hands using a "real" oven.  So the opposite happened to me:
I used the machine first and started making "real" bread afterwards.  I can only
manage to do that on weekends, though.

Its just too bad I don't have a "real" lot of time each and every night to make
"real" bread.  That steaming loaf of "fake" bread waiting for me each and every
morning to make my lunch from will have to do.  Damn....  :-)

-Steve (pondering...if my morning bread is fake, I wonder what you'd call
        "Wonder Bread"?)