"Real" Bread

Andrew Evans <aevans@cais.cais.com>
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 10:25:20 -0400 (EDT)
v005.n036.1
OK, Josh, that was enough to get me to delurk ;)

I too have baked my share of "real" bread, long before investing in a
machine.  Unlike you, however, I *have* used (and still use, almost
daily) a bread machine.  Let me assure you that the whole-grain, organic
whole wheat, Anadama, and cinnamon-raisin breads that this wonderful
invention churns out are every bit as real as the stuff I used to (and
still do, when time permits) always make by hand.  I have one advantage
now over you -

I CAN MAKE BREAD IN MY SLEEP!  Unless you pull an allnighter, there is
just no other way to have bread fresh from the oven *for breakfast*, *on
a work day* (Josh, if you are a professional baker (are you?) then you
are an exception to this rule, and more power to you.  I program
computers for a living, so this is a big deal to me ;)   )

Please *do* post recipes - variation is the spice of life.  And besides,
I need more of them to *adapt for my machine* <G> !