[no subject]

Faith LeFebvre <dsttfl@gsusgi2.gsu.edu>
Fri, 14 Oct 1994 08:21:59 -0400 (EDT)
v005.n040.1
I'm a new baker, now that I have my bread maker, and I've seen a lot of
interesting recipes that I have and will try.  I am interested in using
the bread machine to make the bread dough and then bake the bread myself
in a nice pan (and therefore have a pan, not bread machine, shape).  The
bread machine cookbooks I have seen all mention that I can do that if I
knead the bread after the dough cycle and before I bake the bread on
recipes that could be made all the way in the bread machine.  My problem
is that the reason I use a bread machine is that bread making is one of
those skills I have never been able to master.  I haven't been able to
figure out how long to knead (how the bread should 'feel', etc.) and I
don't want to ruin a perfectly good loaf by trying to bake it myself.  Is
that kneading after the dough cycle really necessary?  There aren't two
kneading cycles on my machine, so why would it be necessary to do it
twice if the machine doesn't?

Faith LeFebvre
dsttfl@gsusgi2.gsu.edu
faithle@aol.co