machines...

Alan Willian Craig <Alan.Craig@sima.sintef.no>
Tue, 8 Nov 1994 13:58:08 +0100
v005.n044.1
Many, if not all, of the people on this list (or who post
to this list) seem to be be working with bread machines.
I'm interested in finding out something about these from
a hand baker's perspective.

As with many of you, I just don't have the time anymore,
but I have spent years learning to bake well and,
unreasonable as this may seem, I don't think I would
be happy with a machine that didn't at least come near
what I do (I'm not that terrific, just well-practiced).
I don't particularly want recommendations on individual
machines at this stage, more a guide as to whether I
should be considering one or not.  One pertinent
point is that I almost exclusively use whole grain
flours, and would like to know if a machine can do
this.

I'd be very pleased to have your experiences, either
be email or through the digest, but in order not to
clutter the digest if you email me I'll prepare
a summary and post it to the digest myself.

Thanks for your help

Alan

p.s. I have checked what I can in the back issues and can't
find anything that discusses this particular point.