Re: BREAD Digest V5 #46 (Welbilt machines)

"Bill Rubin" <rubin@watson.ibm.com>
Tue, 6 Dec 94 10:19:31 EST
v005.n048.1
With the prices of bread machines dropping (and especially with so many
sales this time of the year) I think that you can do a lot better than to
buy a Welbilt machine, given that there have been stories here and
elsewhere about how they tend to break down.  I have a Toastmaster (the
old 1 1/4 lb loaf version) and have been very happy with it (I'd be
happier with the new 1 1/2 or 2 lb versions since they're more standard
sizes).  I saw a Toastmaster on sale at Bradlee's a couple of weeks ago
for $99.99, other places have had it on sale for $140 or less.  There's
also the new Oster machine which looks nice and I think I have heard
decent things about it.  Service Merchandise carries a number of these
machines and has frequent sales.  I'd recommend checking them out.

Bill