Re: Bread Machine Cookbook & Recipe & comment...

"Michael E. Grabenstein" <mikeg@sun.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 08:31:02 -0500
v005.n050.4
	Try the Bread Book III by Donna German. She has volumes 1-5 (or
maybe 6 by now). I have found number 3 the most useful (I have 1, 3, 5).

	More Bread machine Bounty from Betty Crocker press is very good as
well.

	Electric Bread is a good book, although expensive.

Here is one with out a book:

My favorite White (1.5 lb)

1 1/4 C Water or milk, with the white of an egg (egg is optional)
2 Tbs Butter, or margarine
3 1/4 C Flour
1 tsp Salt (I ussually make this scant)
2 Tbs Dry milk (if you did not use real Milk)
3 Tbs Honey (or a scant 1/4 C)
2 tsp Dry active yeast (1 tsp Instant Dry Active yeast)

You can use Standard white setting, or Sweet (at least on my Regal).

	The first measurement, if you are going to use the egg white, put
it in the measuring cup first then measure your 1 1/4 C water or milk.

	One thing I have noticed is that the addition of the egg white
makes the bread very soft and it does not dry out very quickly. Starts
out very moist and stays that way.

	Which leads me to ponder if the egg white is a good way to keep
all the bread machine bread from drying out quickly. Any comments?

	Any one have other ingredients that seem to keep the bread moister
for a longer period of time?

Later,
   Mike, 			     Michael.Grabenstein@gsfc.nasa.gov
   UNIX Administrator GSFC Libraries Project
   Current Contents & WAIS Mail List Admin, CCnWAIS-ad@sun.gsfc.nasa.gov
   #include <std.disclaimer>
"I don't know why people are so worried about seat belts, seems I almost
always come close to running someone over when putting it on." --Me