Re: BREAD Digest V6 #7

"Steven A. Hocevar" <STEVE@stimpy.FhHosp.Ab.Ca>
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 13:40:42 -0700 (MST)
v006.n010.1
>From: mary_white@sunshine.net (Mary White)
>>The story I read about the blade remaining in a baked loaf seems
>>impossible for my machine. Is my experience with the *always* stuck
>>blade shared by others? Any ideas for remedying it? I follow the
>>manufacturers guidance of always putting in the yeast last. But I tried
>>yeast first, water last, and it made no difference for the blade
>>sticking.
>>
>>Anybody solved this problem?
>
>My blade's been stuck in their for months! I don't worry about it. When I
>use it I just pull out the dried-up bread remaining from the last batch and
>go ahead.
>
>{{ Mary }}

I don't know if this will help anybody's problem but it works for me.

After I shake out the loaf, I fill the pan up with water to at least over the
top of the paddle and let it sit for a couple of hours.  The water softens up
the dough cementing the blade in and it comes right out.

--
Steve Hocevar                              Steve.Hocevar@CRHA-Health.ab.ca
Calgary, Alberta, Canada    *Downsize - 5 million lemmings can't be wrong*