bread machines

CURTISK@NKU.EDU
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 18:11:42 -0400 (EDT)
v006.n010.3
 After Christmas when there were sales we bought our West Bend Bread Machine.
I want to tell you that we love this thing.  It has both 1 and 1 1/2 lb.
capacity, dough capacity, whole wheat, and everything that we could possibly
need including a window on top for the curious.  It was on sale for $139 and
the clerk said everyone loved it at Christmas.  They also had Hitachis for $100
more.  My daughter has one.  It is nice for a big family because it has an
extension to allow for making a 2 pound loaf and jam.  I don't make jam nor do
we need 2 pound loaves.  (Her paddle gets stuck in the bread and mine doesn't)
I think I just lucked out on this Westinghouse, but I can also say that
customer service has been wonderful about answering all of my questions about
the process.  For example, I didn't know why it was necessary to put 4 pieces
of butter in each corner if you are using butter.  She explained that in the
early pre rise this allows the butter to run down the side and lubricate the
sides of the pan.  Another thing that I have learned (not from them,
incidentally), yeast doesn't like salt.  Add the salt at a different time than
the yeast.