Bread problem

bjones@bdt.com (Bob Jones)
Wed, 01 Mar 1995 20:23:59 +0800
v006.n010.5
Well I have a Hitachi bread machine and have used it for about 2 years. Had
pretty good luck up until about 6 or 8 months ago. The problem is that the
bread rises just fine, but as soon as the bake cycle starts the bread falls
to about 1/4 to 1/3 the size. I'm not really into eating hockey pucks.

I have tried adding 2T of gluten to the recipe. I have tried both cutting
down and increasing the water. I have switched yeasts. I have tried
different flour. I really can't imagine it having anything to do with the
machine.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Bob Jones
bjones@bdt.com