Re: BREAD Digest V6 #11

flash@well.com (flash gordon md)
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 23:38:04 -0800
v006.n012.3
i just found that rubbermaid makes a "servin' saver 7" that holds 21 cups,
or 5 liters. it's the perfect shape for the bread that comes from my old
d.a.k. machine (which i believe is similar to the welbilt).

well worth the 6 bucks to keep my bread from going bad.

and i'd like to echo a previous poster's advice about not blindly following
recipes. i *always* make it a point to add maybe 90% of the recommended
water after starting the cycle, and then waiting a few minutes to check
consistency.

since i've started to do this, i've  yet to produce a hockey puck.

in theory, there's no difference between
theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
flash gordon, m.d., f.a.c.e.p.  http://www.well.com/www/flash
flash@well.com  / flash@toad.com  / flash@sirius.com  /  flashg@itsa.ucsf.edu