Garlic Parmesan Bread (ABM) Recipe

Joel.Ehrlich@salata.com (Joel Ehrlich)
06 Apr 95 04:07:32 -0800
v006.n015.10
I mentioned the fact that I was tired of poor textured, bad tasting and
uninspired garlic breads from my bread machines to many of you a while
back. I've been working on the recipe, off-and-on since then. My
criteria was simply to develop something which would satisfy me.

Well, I think I got there.  Here's the way it looks at the moment. Feel
free to try it and comment.

Incidentally, this recipe is style for the DAK/Welbilt (R2D2) type
machines but works equally well on my Zoji.

 Garlic Parmesan Bread (ABM)    No. 3452                Yields 1 Loaf

     1 Pkg       Active Dry Yeast           2 Tbls      Garlic Powder  OR
 3 1/2 Cups      Bread Flour                8 Cloves    Garlic, Baked
   1/4 Cup       Olive Oil                2/3 Cup       Parmesan, Grated
     2 Tbls      Honey                  1 1/2 tsp       Salt
   1/3 Cup       Dry Milk Powder            1 Cup       Warm Water
     1 Tbls      Gluten
     1 tsp       Diastatic Malt Powder

All ingredients should be at or above room temperature.
If using garlic cloves, peel and bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees
(wrap in aluminum foil for baking.)
If using garlic cloves, mash the baked cloves before adding them to the
bread machine.
Add the ingredients to the pan in the order listed.
Select "White Bread".
Press "Start".
Cool the bread on a rack for at least 1 hour before slicing.

Joel

... The Management reserves the right to serve refuse to anyone.