Digest Submission

"SHERI K THOMASSON" <SKTHOM@ccmail.monsanto.com>
Tue, 16 May 95 11:09:47 cst
v006.n021.5
Here's a bread recipe I recently concocted to resemble Muffaletta bread.

1 c warm water
1 T sugar
1 pkg dry yeast (about 1 T)
3 c bread flour
1.5 t salt
2 T veg shortening

I put all the ingredients in my bread machine and run on "dough" setting.  When
done, I take it out, roll it into a large, not too thin, rectangle.  Then I
sprinkle on 1 can of chopped green chiles and 1 to 1.5 cups shredded cheddar.
Roll up jelly roll fashion, then form the roll into a coil shape.

On greased baking sheet,  spritz with olive oil.  Cover with plastic.  Rise 1
hour.  Cook at 425 for 10 mins.  Reduce to 375 and bake 25 mins.

Hope you enjoy it if you try it!  My family loves it!

Sheri T.