Re: BREAD Digest V6 #23

"Rob Ryerson" <RYERSONRA@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 20:44:52 PST
v006.n024.2
> >Micro Cookbook 4.0.  I wonder if anyone else is familiar with this program

> I purchased Micro Cookbook 4.0 for Windows a couple of years ago and had
> disastrous results with my system.

I'd replied privately to the original msg, but thought I'd comment on
the follow up here. I've been using Micro Cookbook for Windows for a
while. Initially I had problems also. Specifically, running After
Dark and the Billminder option of Quicken will cause G.P Faults for
Micro Cookbook V4.0C. However, I liked the program, and decided to do
without those two features. I talked several times with Tech. Support
at Pinpoint, and although they indicated they were trying to come up
with a fix, I've never seen any code.

Yesterday I received by snail mail, a flyer offering Micro Cookbook
V5.0, with a 10,000 recipe CD-Rom version available, all for $19.95.
It is being markedted by PC Zone, and has a bunch of new features,
including import functions from other cookbook formats. Perhaps the
best feature will be that it is MS Access based now, which may clean
up some 'unique' database designs in the original product. I jumped
on the Pinpoint BBS, but didn't find any product announcements. So, I
left a couple of questions.

If anyone is interested, drop me a private note, and I'll reply when
I have correct, current information. As far as I know, this will be
the first cookbook package that can directly import from other
formats. Might be enough to push Micro Cookbook over the rest.

Rob