Conversion 'rules of thumb'?

s-sehlhorst@ds.mc.ti.com (Scott Sehlhorst)
Tue, 11 Jul 95 09:00:43 -0400
v006.n028.5
As an introduction, I've been lurking for a couple digests, I'm developing
a gourmet repertoire by attrition, and I started baking breads and biscuits
about 6 months ago.  I have to do it the old fashioned way.  Most of the
traffic here seems to be machine based.  Am I wasting time and bandwidth
here?- I don't think so, you folks seem to have a lot of expertice with bread!

Are there any rules of thumb for converting bread machine recipes for by hand
bread making?  I know it's really silly, since bread machine recipes started
as conversions of hand made recipes, but now there are lots of bread machine
developed recipes, that I would like to try and make by hand.

The only thing that cought my eye was liquid temps, as I would try and convert
80-90F temps to 110-120F temps before making anything.  Is there a canonical
list, or an archive site, or a good book for conversions?

Scott "and where can I find gluten?" Sehlhorst