[none]

Katie E Green <kgreen@u.washington.edu> (by way of reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com)
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 00:25:19 -0700
v006.n038.17
(Reggie Dwork))
Subject: RECIPE:  Zucchini Pizza Crust ala Paul Newman (fwd)
Sender: owner-bread-bakers@lists.best.com

Look what I found.  Perfect for two threads.  This is from
Mr. Newman's, Newman's Own Cookbook, and is a literary delight
as well, as his sterling wit is evident.  Its comical as the
publication date states, I. Newman, Paul, 1925-
Well there are two library of Congress No.'s.  Suppose one is
for Paul, himself?  ISBN 0-8092-5156-6
                    ISBN 0-8092-5155-8 (pbk) ahh..believe ones
                                       paperback

Anyway, Publisher Contemporary Books, Inc, Chicago, Illinois  60601
Might I request you buy a jar of Newman's Own Spaghetti sauce?

                        ZUCCHINI CRUST PIZZA

           3 1/2 cups coarse grated zucchini
                 salt
             1/3 cup flour
               3 eggs, lightly beaten
             2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
             2-3 tablespoons minced fresh basil (1 tsp dried)
                 salt and pepper
                 spaghetti sauce
                 your own toppings: peppers, onions, mushrooms, anchovies

  Place zucchini in bowl and lightly salt.  Let sit for 15 minutes and
  squeeze out all the water that is rendered.  Roll in a towel and twist
  again.  This is to remove all possible water.  Mix with rest of
  ingredients in a bowl.  Spread on a well-oiled baking pan and bake in
  a 350F oven until top is dry and lightly browned (20 minutes).  Brush
  a little oil on surface and broil a few minutes--but don't burn.
  Spread with spaghetti sauce, 1 cup mozzarella, and any toppings.  You
  may, of coarse use your favorite cheeses.  Return to oven and bake at
  350F until done.  About another 20 minutes.

  I also just recently read that the smaller zucchini have the sweeter,
  better flavor.