Heidelberg Rye Recipe

Gerard_Mcmahon@ftdetrck-ccmail.army.mil
Wed, 11 Oct 95 09:24:55 EST
v006.n042.7
     Hi all,

     Thanks for all the great rye recipes.

     While I was waiting I 'found' the booklet that came with my machine.
     "Quick & Delicious Bread Machine Recipes" by Norman A. Garrett.

     There are a couple of simple rye recipes in it including this one
     which I made Saturday.

     There is also an instruction on making sourdough starter.  The starter
     is currently starting and should be ready for baking by the weekend.

     This is really good.

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                              Heidelberg Rye

Recipe By     : Quick & Delicious BM Recipes : Norman Garrett
Serving Size  : 10   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Machine                          Yeast
                Zo

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   3      tablespoons   vital wheat gluten
   1      cup           water -- warm 110 deg
   2 1/2  tablespoons   molasses
   1      tablespoon    butter
   1      cup           rye flour
   2      tablespoons   cocoa
     1/2  tablespoon    sugar
     1/2  tablespoon    salt
   1 1/2  cups          bread flour
     1/2  tablespoon    caraway seed
   3      teaspoons     yeast

Add ingredients to the machine in the order listed.  Set for basic cycle and
press start.

Gerry