Rye Bread

CCDIANE@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu
Mon, 06 Nov 95 09:01:44 CST
v006.n047.8
Wynn
Just read your note about the rye flavoring stuff from King Arthur
Flour and happend to just get some this weekend from them, along with
some black jack for coloring black rye bread.  I tried a recipe for a
1 pound loaf and it came out very hard on top?? my recipe called for
(and this is from memory) 1 1/3 cup bread flour 2/3 cup dark rye flour
1 tsp salt 1 1/2 tbl sugar 1 1/2 tsp yeast 2 tsp marg.. then i added
1 tsp deli rye flavor and 1/2 tbl black jack.   Next time I will use
more deli rye flavor, it was good but not quite strong enough for me.
Does anyone out there have a good black rye bread recipe for a machine??
I can't wait to make a loaf.  Also I just made the dough in my zo,
shaped it into a round loaf and left it to rise in a pie pan.  I baked
it at 325 for 40 minutes.. maybe thats why it was hard on top.. did I
bake it too long?    HELP!!  By the way the black jack made the color
of the loaf WONDERFUL!! Highly recommended.