RE: Yeast-free breads

Dave Hastings <daveh@microsoft.com>
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 09:18:21 -0800
v006.n055.7
| From: bj3@ix.netcom.com (BJ)
| Subject: Yeast-free breads
|

| In the recent past (or as far back as you can conveniently go), has anyone
| submitted yeast-free bread recipes that you could forward to me???

I don't know if this is the sort of thing you're looking for, but the _Joy
of Cooking_ has a couple of recipies for salt-rising bread.  One based on
potato pulp, and one on stone ground corn meal.  Let me know if you can't
get access to a copy of the book.  I've never made either.

I'm new here, so a short introduction is probably in order.  I'm Dave
Hastings.  I live in the Seattle area (Carntion actually) I bake bread by
hand (large bowl, large wooden spoon).

- -daveh

Dave Hastings
daveh@microsoft.com