Freezing bread dough

Marta Martin <marta@citynet.net>
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 05:51:45 -0500
v006.n063.13
Hi All,

Kim Koluch asked about freezing bread dough.  She said she had heard it
shouldn't be done.  I hadn't heard that but HAD been told that freezing
slows down the yeast and so, if in fact, you are going to freeze the dough
you should add a little extra yeast so that the bread still rises properly
when thawed.  However, Kim, if you aren't having any problems then I
wouldn't worry about it!
I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has the Betty Crocker
Make It Easy Machine such as I do.  I am sort of going through a bad spell
like Harriet described in her letter in this digest.....dense loaves, short
and stumpy.  Maybe my machine will make the instant miraculous recovery that
hers did, too.

Thanks!

Marta
Marta Martin-(marta@citynet.net)

WELCOME TO THE BLAST FURNACE--FORGE THE FIFTH!
As seen on a Pittsburgh Steeler T-shirt.  GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inside me there is a thin woman dying to get out.  I ate her for lunch.
Hallmark Cards

"People will say, 'You know, we share the same disease,' and then thank me
for what I've done...I often wonder which disease it is they're talking
about--alcoholism or breast cancer or arthritis."  Former First Lady Betty Ford

I can barf like a dog.  Toren, 3 years old

Shake your hips and hope for the best.  Camille, age 9