applesauce cake

jguevara@spin.com.mx (Jenka Guevara)
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 19:54:36 -0600
v006.n065.16
Someone, sorry I wrote the recipe but not your name, sent this recipe, it is
really great.  I did not have unsweetened applesauce, so used sweetened one,
but omitted the sugar.  I also changed the flour, to one cup flour and one
whole wheat.  What came out was great.
The next time I will make one other change, instead of unsweetened chocolate
I will try it with cocoa, I believe it is three tablespoons per ounce.
If someone thinks this conversion is wrong, please let me know.

It is worthwhile making and fast.
I am including the recipe again, sorry for not putting the name of the
person who sent it, I am grateful for the recipe.  I am including it if
someone did not get it.

CHOCOLATE APPLESAUCE CAKE

3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 cups unsweetened applesauce, warmed to room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

Prehead oven to 350. Spray Pam on a 7 x 12" baking dish.
Combine ingredients in the order they appear. Stir well. Spread the batter
inthe pan.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until top springs back in the center when lightly
pressed.

Good luck, and if you think of more conversions please let me know
Jenka
         Jenka Guevara
   American School Foundation
          Mexico City