Re: Conventional breads

BrawnyBear@aol.com
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 12:55:49 -0500
v006.n068.18
In a message dated 96-02-08 00:31:00 EST, DeniseR860 writes:

<< I like to let my breads rise in a cool oven with the oven light on.

I do the same thing and put a pan of hot tap water under the rack.

<< I also will often place the bread in a plastic container with a lid that
is securely fastened. When it  "burps" itself open I know it is ready to be
punched down and shaped!  >>

Now that is a good idea.  I have a bread bowl that I got from Finland, I
think.   It has straight sides which is important for the bread to "climb" up
when raising.  I used to use a big bowl with sloped sides and the straight
side bowl works so much better.