bread digest response

LoisCon@aol.com
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 14:20:06 -0500
v006.n069.4
Matt, I made a typing error when I answered your question...you wanted a
lighter whole wheat bread. I gave you several suggestions and then told you
to add more whole wheat flour..should have said more bread flour.

Re my note to KKoluch about freezing flour..it's OK to freeze flour
indefinitely but the dough can only be frozen about a month.

Angela Fox wanted a baseline for bread machine recipes...here is one.

                1 lb                    1 1/2 lb
Liquid       3/4 - 7/8 C          1 1/8 - 1 1/4 C
Flour         2 C                     3 C
Salt           1 tsp                  1 1/2 tsp
Sugar         1 T                    1 1/2 T
Yeast         1 - 1 1/2 tsp        1 1/2 tsp - 2 tsp
FOR DOUGH RECIPES USE 1/8 cup less liquid in most cases

Ellen O'Leary ask how to get good crusts on her country loaves. Ellen, we
love our La Cloche. We have a round one, and one shaped like a baguette. We
use it to make our French Bread Extraordinaire from our second book, The
Bread Machine Magic Book of Helpful Hints (extra risings in the machine make
this a really flavorful bread)..The bread is so crisp it "crackles". You can
find La Cloche at Williams Sonoma. Linda and I have an unusual method of
using LaCloche and we do give instructions for use in this second book,
(revised edition). Write if you need more help to: LoisCon@AOL.com