REQ: Bread Book Recommendation

David Barnett <davidb@techunix.technion.ac.il>
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 19:20:24 +0200 (EET)
v006.n069.8
I need help!  When I lived in the States I only baked bread on Friday's
(Challah), and on rare occasions, so I never worried about having a large
collection of recipes.  Now that I am living in Israel, and I have more
time on my hands than I used to, I find myself hunting down every good
bread recipe I can find.  Although I've enjoyed the digest,  all of
the recipes listed are for bread machines (nothing I will have until I
move back to the States).

I would like a recommendation for a bread book.  Not the kind with the
new, fancy, yuppie recipes in them, but the kind of recipes that my
grandmother would have been baking in the '50s.  All I'm really concerned
with is the fact that the recipes are for hand made bread, and are "tried
and true."

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Ariella Jopling
Haifa, Israel