Home Made Bread Like Grandma Made. . .

DeniseR860@aol.com
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 08:43:46 -0500
v006.n070.5
Ariella,

I use several cookbooks but my favorites are written by a local homebaker
(local to my city!) who began baking when their was a shortage of bread in
the US during a war. (Is that old enough for you?) The author is much older
now, obviously, I took two classes under her last year. I must recommend her
books to you. They make the best of reading, learning, and breads.

America's Bread Book (these do come in softback, now)
Mary Gubser
Quill Publishers
William Morrow, New York
ISBN 0-688-11608-6

Mary's Bread Basket and Soup Kettle
Morrow
William Morrow and Company, Inc. New York (my copy is from 1974)

She has another but I don't have it and don't remember it's title.

I also use a book by Red Star yeast company:
"The Red Star Centennial Braed Sampler"
they published it themselves:
Universal Foods Corporation
Milwaukee, WI 53201

and a 72 page booklet by Fleishman's yeast that cost under $5.
"Fleishmann's Bake-It Easy Yeast Book"
write for their other booklets and pamphlets at
Fleishmann's Yeast Educational Programs
P.O. Box 2695
Grand Central Station
New York, New York 10017

Hope this helps you compile a good wish list!

Denise