Re:Kitchenaid vs. Cuisinart

Stacy Hansen <schansen@pacificrim.net>
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 10:56:10 -0800
v006.n077.9
Hello,
I am totally new to this list so hope I'm not jumping in too early.  This is
I have both machines.  Like several others I used to make all of our bread
from scratch - beginning with grinding the various grains.  My husband took
over that job when we purchased a bread machine a few years ago.
I think your decision is going to depend on your most prevalent needs.  I
still use our Kitchenaid with the grinder attachment to grind the wheat,
rye, etc.  It is also a great way to cut down on the time spent making bread
by "hand". It does a great job with kneading. It is an incredibly durable
machine (I've had mine for at least 15 years now and it's been through a
lot).  We also occasionally use the pasta attachment.
Our Cuisinart just didn't make quite as nice a bread (maybe it wasn't the
machines fault). But, it can do things that the Kitchenaid can't (though the
Kitchenaid can do many of the same things if you have its attachments.  A
blender can also do many of the same things a food processor can.)
Personally, if you can only purchase one machine right now I would say go
with the Kitchenaid.
Stacy