pita bread

jguevara@spin.com.mx (Jenka Guevara)
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 18:35:13 -0600 (CST)
v006.n078.9
Here is my recipe, the one that came out:

PITA BREAD

I make my normal bread recipe, htat is in the breadmaker I put, more or less:
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 cup flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon honey
1 cup sour dough
1 1/4 cup water
I set the ABM for dough, and when ready add flour as needed.
then I shape my circles, I have used a rolling pin, but last time tried,
with exit, a tortilla maker.  Once the "tortillas" are made, you have to
leave then about 1/2 an hour to rise.  Then you put them, flipping them, so
the side that was down is now up, on a cookie tray and into a very hot oven.
 When they start inflating you turn them over.
         Jenka Guevara
   American School Foundation
          Mexico City
     jguevara@spin.com.mx