Onion dill breads

Gerard_Mcmahon@ftdetrck-ccmail.army.mil
Sun, 10 Mar 96 11:32:42 EST
v006.n082.15
     Hi all,

     rose wanted the gluten to flour ratio - generally 1 tablespoon to 1
     cup of flour.

     Tupperware also replaces broken, chipped etc. parts free for life.
     See any representative for the replacement.  If the product you have
     is no longer available they will replace the entire piece with the
     current replacement.

     I recently bought the bread keeper and I really like it.  I also have
     Rubbermaid products and they are just not the same.  And the price
     difference is not that great either.  BTW, I've only been to one
     T'ware party in my life and I really enjoyed it.

     If anyone wants the WP forms version of the conversion charts - send
     me an e-mail.

     I alluded to the dill onion bread in my conversion.  So, following is
     Dill Onion bread - ingredient order modified for the Zo, then one
     after my conversion for liquidity, and a really excellent hand made
     version.  Drew's original recipes called for real fat - cottage
     cheese, sour cream and butter and real eggs - so feel free to put them
     back in.

     Peace,

     Gerry
                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                         Drew's Onion Dill Bread

Recipe By     : Drew Alan Kaplan
Serving Size  : 10   Preparation Time :0:15
Categories    : Yeast                            Zo

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/4  cup           water -- warmed
     3/4  cup           cottage cheese -- "
     3/4  cup           sour cream, lol fat free -- "
   1                    Egg Beatersr 99% egg substitute
   1 1/2  tablespoons   margarine, fleischmann's fat free
   3      tablespoons   sugar
   3      tablespoons   minced onions
   2      tablespoons   dill seed
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
     1/4  teaspoon      baking soda
   3 1/3  cups          flour
   1      package       yeast

 Mix together the water, cottage cheese and sour cream, warm (2 min microwave)
and put in machine.  In the order listed place the rest of the ingredients in
the machine.  Select white bread and press start.  Lightly brush the top with
Fleishmann's spread at baking time if desired.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                        Drew's Onion Dill Bread 2

Recipe By     : Drew Alan Kaplan
Serving Size  : 10   Preparation Time :0:15
Categories    : Yeast                            Machine
                Zo liquidity

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
     3/4  cup           cottage cheese, lowfat -- warmed
     3/4  cup           sour cream, lol fat free -- "
   3      tablespoons   sugar
   3      tablespoons   minced onions
   2      tablespoons   dill seed
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
     1/4  teaspoon      baking soda
   3 1/2  cups          flour
   1      package       yeast

 Mix together the cottage cheese and sour cream, warm (2 min microwave) and put
in machine.  In the order listed place the rest of the ingredients in the
machine.  Select white bread and press start.  Lightly brush the top with
Fleishmann's spread at baking time if desired.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                             Dill Yeast Bread

Recipe By     : Jo Anne Merrill
Serving Size  : 10   Preparation Time 4:00
Categories    : Hand                             Yeast

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1      cup           cottage cheese
   2      tablespoons   sugar
   1      tablespoon    onion flakes
   1      tablespoon    fresh dill weed -- dill seed
   1      teaspoon      salt
     1/4  teaspoon      baking soda
   2                    Egg Beatersr 99% egg substitute
   1      package       yeast -- not instant
   2 1/2  cups          bread flour
     1/2  teaspoon      margarine, fleischmann's fat free -- brush on after
                        baking

     Have eggs at room temperature. Heat the cottage cheese until barely warm to
touch, about 110 degrees. Mix the cottage cheese in large bowl along with sugar,
onion, dill, salt, baking soda, eggs and yeast.
     Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to make a stiff batter. Beat well after each
addition with an electric mixer flat beater, or use a wooden spoon if mixing by
hand. Since this is a heavy batter, not a dough, it will not be kneaded.
     Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for 1 hour or
more. Remove the plastic wrap and stir down the batter with 20-25 strong
strokes. Spoon the batter into a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Cover with
wax paper and leave until the batter doubles in size, about 45 minutes. Keep the
waxed paper from touching the batter or it may collapse when the paper is pulled
away. Bake in a PREHEATED 350-degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until deep brown
and crusty. Test with a wooden toothpick and if it does not come out clean, then
bake 5-8 minutes longer.
     Remove bread from oven and immediately brush with the margarine. Sprinkle
with salt if desired. You might use coarse salt as an interesting variation.