package mix duplication

Bonnie Pollack <bpollack@umd5.umd.edu>
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 21:12:05 -0500 (EST)
v006.n085.4
I often would like to prepare a mix of my own so when in a hurry I can
have everything ready to make bread in my brdadmaker.  I have bought the
mixes (prepackaged in different varieties ) and have wondered how they
avoid using liquids or oils.  Usually the package instruction just say
add water (1 cup).  How do they substitute for oils, butter etc?

A quick second question.  Since I have gotten my breadmachine in January
I have make a different loaf everyday.  I cannot make any of the breads
with raisins---loaf too small.  I have tried 3 boxed mixes and three
recipes from scratch following the cookbooks to the letter.  How can I
get a decent sized loaf.   I have a 2 lb Toastmaster #1195 and have had
no problems other than raisins.  I have added them at the cycle bell and
even tried at the beginning.

Bonnie