Anadama Bread

Melissa Moore <mcm@ccstaff.cc.ukans.edu>
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 14:12:01 +0000
v006.n087.10
Does anyone have an abm recipe for Anadama bread?  In case
you know it by another name, it is a cornmeal and molasses
bread.  It makes wonderful toast.  I have a recipe that
I've had for years and years and, before children, I made it
quite frequently.  Now that I am rarely home, I would like
to find an abm equivalent.  I did try once to modify my
original recipe.  Yikes, what a mess.  It rose and stuck to
the little window on the top of the machine.  It overflowed
and baked solid so that the metal pan handle was baked into
the loaf and the whole thing was baked into the machine.
It has really punished me from trying to modify recipes!

  Melissa Moore, Networking and Telecommunications Services,
    Univ. of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045      913-864-0453
    Email: m-moore@ukans.edu