another easter bread

LIR119@delphi.com
Mon, 01 Apr 1996 18:07:20 -0500 (EST)
v096.n003.9
The following recipe for an Easter bread comes from Natalie Duprey.
This makes 1 ring loaf and in less quantity Than the greek Easter Bread.
I thought you may all enjoy it for Easter.All these sweet egg breads are
very similar in nature. Portugese sweet egg bread is my favorite though and
if any have a good recipe for it Id appreciate it!    Joan

Easter egg bread

Ingredients:
2 pkt dry yeast
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
2 ts salt
1 tsp grated lemon rind
3 eggs beaten
5 to 8 cups bread flour
raw dyed eggs as desired

Procedure:
Dissolve yeast in the 1/2 cup water. Melt butter in milk by heating to warm.
Blend in eggs, sugar, salt and some lemon rind if desired.Stir in 5 cups of
flour and knead and add more flour to make a pliable elastic dough, kneading
about 8 minutes or so. Shape dough into a ball, cover and let rise double in
a warm place. Punch down and divide dough in half. Roll each half into a
long strand. Wrap( twist ) each strand over each other and form into a ring,
pinching ends to seal. Place a raw dyed egg inbetween the twisted strands.
Brush dough with an egg glaze ( 1 tbs water with a beaten yolk) and let
dough rise double. bake 350 degrees until golden and tested done.
Joan,"Flour Power"

`[1;35;45mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered