barley malt question

LIR119@delphi.com
Mon, 08 Apr 1996 18:02:06 -0500 (EST)
v096.n005.4
I usually buy a jar of liquid barley malt from the local health food store.
the malt helps feed the yeast plus keep the bread moist. Someone else posted
a source for dry powdered stuff which is good too. I use barley malt in
place of sugar or honey in any bread recipe when desired.Of course its
famous use is for bagels.
However I really think potato water is also a wonderful thing for moist and
longer lasting breads. Just my humble opinion.:);
I also have used liquid leicitin ( sp ? ) for bread keeping qualities. This
can be bought in health food stores too.
Joan,"Flour Power"

`[1;31;40mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered