recipe: Anadama bread/hand kneading

LIR119@delphi.com
Mon, 08 Apr 1996 18:02:26 -0500 (EST)
v096.n005.6
Well I enjoyed all the bread machine anadama recipes! Thank you.
I have a bread machine
but on the weekends enjoy large quantity baking so I can tuck a few loaves
in the freezer. From some email Im getting, I know there are bread baker
lurkers who also enjoy a change the pace and bake by hand.:)
Here's a several loaf recipe to try for weekend bakers:)

Large Quantity Anadama bread

3 cups warm water, not hot*
3 cups of cornmeal
1/2 cup margarine melted
3 Tbs. dry yeast
2 Tbs. salt( you could use less )
1 1/2 cups molasses
10 cups flour ( approximate )

* You are not cooking the cornmeal, just softening it up.You dont want to
kill the yeast with overly hot water either.
In a large bowl place cornmeal and add water and stir to combine. Let soak 5
minutes. Mix in the salt, yeast and molasses and mix well. Start adding and
stirrring 2 cups of flour at a time until the mixture leaves the sides of
the bowl and forms a dough. Place in a large greased bowl and cover and let
dough rest &rise about an hour in a warm place.
 Turn dough out of bowl and now knead smooth and
elastic on a floured surface. Portion out dough into equal amounts  for
several loaves ( 3 to 5 ).
 Form & fold into loaf shape and place in greased bread pans ( size
wasnt specified  but as a rule it should fill at least 1/2 full ) .Brush top
of dough with soft butter and let dough rise light to tops of pans. bake
loaves in a preheated 400 degree oven about 30 to 45 minutes or until
browned and tested done. Remove from pans to let cool on racks.Freeze when
cool.

Joan,"Flour Power"

`[1;30;40mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered