Bread slicer and recipe

Lynn Schneiderman <lynns@creighton.edu>
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:43:04 -0500 (CDT)
v096.n007.9
I thought I would de-lurk and respond to the person who asked about being
able to uniformly slice bread. I got a bread slicing guide at a kitchen
gadget store. It looks like a wooden cutting board but has sides with
slots in them. Actually it looks like a wooden box minus the top and a
bottom side of a rectangle. the two long sides have slots(guides) where
you put your knife in and you can cut uniform slices. These gadgets run
anywhere from $9.00 to $12.00. It's fantastic because I couldn't slice an
even slice by hand either.

Now for a delicious recipe that I got off another listserv I'm on
(EAT-L). It says that it is for a 2 lb loaf but I used it in my 1 1/2 lb
machine and it came out just fine. It's really yummy!!!!

Garlic Herb Bread

1 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbl. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried basil
1 Tbl. minced onion
1 tsp. garlic powder
3 cups bread flour
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
2 tsp. active dry yeast

For a 2 pound loaf.  Use white or rapid setting.
(this really smells good when it's baking. :-))

Lynn Schneiderman
lynns@creighton.edu