Baked Oatmeal

Kenton Campbell <kencam@pobox.com>
Sat, 18 May 1996 12:55:39 -0500
v096.n014.7
Not exactly bread, but it is very good, thought I'd share it.

Baked Oatmeal

3 C. oatmeal
1/2 to 1 C. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs substitute equivalent
1 C. skim milk
1/2 to 1 C. raisins or blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.  Mix the wet
ingredients in another bowl.  Stir the wet and dry ingredients together and add
the raisins or blueberries.  Spread in a 9x9 pan, lightly sprayed with nonstick
spray.  Bake 20-30 minutes.  Serve as-is, or top with some sort of milk.

Notes: This turns out almost like a cake.  One cup of sugar made it way too
sweet for me; I'll use 1/2 cup next time. I did use egg substitute and had
good results.
  _     _
 (_)   | |
 http://www.pobox.com/~kencam