Bread pan replacement

Gerard_Mcmahon@ftdetrck-ccmail.army.mil
Tue, 28 May 96 11:14:20 EST
v096.n015.2
     <From: ad707@freenet.carleton.ca (Allan Topp)

     <However, a problem ... that I do have is the increasing tendency of
     <the loaf to stick in the pan.

     <...prompted a call to their 800 number.  Their advice?  Replace the
     <pan.   West Bend seem to think this just a regular, justifiable part
     <of machine bread making.
     <...
     <Is it justified?  Is there another way?

     Hi all,

     Usually this can be prevented by soaking the pan prior to cleaning it
     so no abrasives are applied to the Teflon coating the inside of the
     pan.  The Zo manual warns against any abrasive material being applied
     to the pan.  The result of applying abrasive - being the bread's
     reluctance to come out of the pan.

     I don't even use the plastic abrasives like the scrunge - sponge only.
     My ex's R2 unit is still going strong after 5 years, with no
     difficulty.  The Zo is still not quite a year old but it gets used
     much heavier than the other machine ever did.

     Gerry

     The problem with doing it right the first time is that no one
     appreciates how hard it was.